Kreative Diadem Annual Issue
Come, let’s make magic with words and decorate letters in apparels of wits.
This is the theme of our 2020 issue.
We want to drown in the deep waters of wits and swim in the silent sea of sounds. Poetry is a key that opens the vault of hidden meanings and gives life to abstract ideas. We are looking for daring poems that equally provoke our thoughts and inspire us to take action.
We want to relish the gentle breeze of drama and enjoy the cruise to the climax of your story. Remarkable short stories break all the rules and shatter the boundaries of normalcy. We can’t wait to enjoy the aroma of the story you are brewing in your magic pot.
We have created a big room for everything else other than fiction and poetry. You can treat us with a gift from your delectable collection of book reviews, memoirs, essays, and creative nonfiction. We have a soft spot for creative pieces, that’s all we care about.
“The task of a writer consists in being able to make something out of an idea.”
– Thomas Mann
No age restrictions; it’s open to everyone. Creativity has no age limits!
We are receiving entries from everyone regardless of your geographical location.
General Submission Guidelines
- All entries should revolve around the theme of “Isolation.” You are free to interpret it as you wish, but we should not have trouble connecting your subject matter to the prescribed theme.
- Writers of all nationalities are welcome to submit.
- Format your work as follows: Times New Roman, font 12.
- The submission window opens on April 1, 2020.
- We do not accept work which has been previously published, in print or online (we consider self-publishing to blogs, message boards, or Facebook as publication if it can be viewed publicly).
- Simultaneous submissions are not eligible.
- Only works written in the English language are eligible. Works from other languages will only be accepted if accompanied by English translations, with the permission of the original author.
- There is no submission fee charged.
- Submit as a Word document to email@example.com. Make the subject line, “Isolation: Genre of Submission”, for instance: “Isolation: Fiction”.
- In the body of the email, provide the following information: Author’s Name, Title of Work, Nationality, Contact (Phone Number and Email Address) and a Bio of 200 words or less.
- All entries are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guidelines for specific genres are shown below.
- Submit no more than three (3) poems.
- Each poem must be titled.
- The poems must be in a single Word document saved with the name of the entrant.
- Any style or length is eligible. Just impress the editors!
- For Flash Fiction: Submit one story under 150 words.
- Each story must be titled.
Submit an unpublished short story between 1,500 and 5,000 words.
All work must be in English except for the occasional creative liberties taken during dialogue.
Don’t be afraid to play with the boundaries of the genre. Give us your weird, innovative works.
- Submit only one non-fiction piece between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Each story must be titled.
- Book reviews, creative nonfiction, memoirs, essays and other forms of nonfiction are welcome.
- Since the publication is intended for a general audience, technical works such as scholarly writings and academic proposals are not eligible.
- Don’t be afraid to play with the boundaries of the genre. Give us your weird, innovative works.
This is our third issue ever, we believe that the blessings of your exceptional pieces will make it a classic.
APRIL 15, 2020
Call for Entries Begin
JUNE 15, 2020
Deadline for Submission (23:59 GMT)
SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
Publication & Release of Issue
Countdown to Call For Entries