We receive submissions from around the world regardless of origin, background, and theme. We believe strongly that our backgrounds should not be barriers or walls of division but the diversity that unites us.
This compendium of literary works seeks to paint the emotions evoked by the different responses we give to the circumstances of life. To this end, we are receiving poems, short stories, flash fiction, and essays.
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING REGULAR SUBMISSIONS.
General Submission Guidelines
- The theme is open; authors are free to write on any theme.
- Works that have been previously published, in print or online are not accepted (we consider self-publishing to blogs, message boards, or Facebook as a publication if it can be viewed publicly without login).
- Translated or adapted works are not accepted, the author must be the owner of the text(s) submitted.
- Only works written in the English language are eligible. Works from other languages will only be accepted if accompanied by English translations, with the permission of the original author.
- We receive electronic submissions, you must send your works in MS Word format.
- Writers of all nationalities are welcome to submit.
- Format your work as follows: Times New Roman, font 12.
- Simultaneous submissions are eligible, but kindly notify us once it’s accepted elsewhere.
- There is no submission fee charged.
- In the body of the email, provide the following information: Author’s Name, Title of Work, Nationality, Contact (Phone Number and Email Address) and a Bio of 200 words or less.
- The guidelines for specific genres are shown below.
- Submit no more than three (3) poems.
- Each poem must be titled.
- The poems must be in a single MS Word document saved with the author’s name.
- Any style or length is eligible. Just impress the editors!
Any style (rhyming or not) shall make it! Only originality makes the difference.
- Send all poetry entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Flash Fiction: Submit one story between 150 and 1,000 words.
- Each story must be titled.
Submit an unpublished short story between 1,500 and 5,000 words.
All work must be in English except for the occasional creative liberties taken during dialogue.
Don’t be afraid to play with the boundaries of the genre. Give us your weird, innovative works.
- We do not have any rule as to style or genre, although we admire stories that are ‘clean’ at the sentence level and that are sensitive to the human mind.
- The story must be in MS Word format and saved with the author’s name.
- Send all fiction entries to email@example.com.
- Submit only one non-fiction piece between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Each story must be titled.
- Book reviews, creative nonfiction, memoirs, essays and other forms of nonfiction are welcome.
- Since the publication is intended for a general audience, technical works such as scholarly writings and academic proposals are not eligible.
- Don’t be afraid to play with the boundaries of the genre. Give us your weird, innovative works.
- The piece must be in MS Word format and saved in the author’s name.
- Send all non-fiction entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you accept simultaneous submissions?
Yes, but kindly notify us once your entry has been accepted elsewhere.
Do you accept book reviews?
Yes, we are accepting book reviews for our regular publications.
How should I format my manuscript?
Please submit no more than three poems or 5,000 words of prose. For flash fiction, submit a story under 150 words and an unpublished short story should be between 1,500 and 5,000 words.
Use size 12 of Times New Roman for your work. Manuscripts must be paginated and the author’s name should be in the footer of every page.
Do you accept previously published works?
No. We do not accept works previously published in print or online. We consider self-publishing to blogs, message boards, or Facebook as publication if it can be viewed publicly.
Can I submit more than one entry?
Yes, you can submit entries under different categories. You can submit poems and short stories simultaneously but as separate entries.
Do you accept paper submissions?
No. We only accept entries by email. Send all entries for regular publications as stated in the submission guidelines for each genre. DO NOT send your entries to email@example.com.
Do I have to pay any submission fee?
No. There is no submission fee charged.
Can I inquire about the status of my submission?
No. We are unable to process individual status inquiries. Selected works will be published on the website and authors will be notified.